[Wine] Wine does not start apps when connected to a Windows network
mikolaj at zalewski.pl
Sat Sep 15 16:44:35 CDT 2007
You should try to get a stack backtrace of the programs when they are
- start a program and wait until it hangs
- on a different console type "winedbg"
- if even winedbg hangs then you have a problem. If not then type
- find the process id of the process that is hanging and attach the
debugger to it: "attach 0x<num>" (the ids in "info process" are in hex
so that's why the 0x is needed. This is a different thing than the Linux
- type "info thread" to check how many threads have the program
- type "bt 0x<tid>" for each thread of the hanged program (where tid
is the thread id you have found with info thread)
Such a backtrace could give some more details what's happening.
More information about the wine-users