[Wine] Running EQ2 under Wine locks my system... anyone else?

Chris Howe mrmessiah at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 06:19:55 CDT 2007

I'm trying to make a return to getting Everquest2
running under Wine, but I'm hampered at the moment
by the fact that it hard-locks my system when it
gets to the "Adding player to world..." stage.

A few months back it would get this far and crash
but now it absolutely locks up, mouse still moves
but cannot click, other windows on screen (such
as the one with "top" running freeze, keyboard is
dead, can't ctrl-alt-backspace, in fact even the
numlock light is stuck on - the only thing I can
do is reboot.

I'm running the latest GIT source compiled on my
box running the latest Ubuntu Feisty with the
latest drivers from ATI for my X1600. Other (linux
native) 3D apps work fine, such as supertux cart
etc.

Can anyone else confirm this happens with EQ2?

--
Chris