[Wine] Running EQ2 under Wine locks my system... anyone else?

Chris Howe mrmessiah at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 03:29:43 CDT 2007

JusTiCe8 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Austin English wrote:
>> Wine by definition cannot lock up your system unless you are running
>> it as root. This is most likely due to buggy (read: ATI) drivers.
> I have nvidia drivers, and sometime, bad thing somewhere lead to a
> freeze of Xorg, I guess the lock of system is in fact limited to X only,
> so if you could connect remotely to your host, maybe restarting X could
> help, or reboot cleanely.

That's true, it could be just X that is dying, I will check
to see if I can still remote in.

The X log doesn't have any information in it that helps me
diagnose what's going on - if it is X that's crashing then
it's not logging beyond that point. I'm not an expert on X
by any means, is there anything I can do to X to make it a
bit more verbose, maybe that will turn something up?

--
Chris