[Wine] WINEDLLPATH doesn't work

Detlef Riekenberg wine-users at web.de
Mon Sep 24 11:48:57 CDT 2007

On Mo, 2007-09-24 at 18:21 +0800, Kuang-Chun Cheng wrote:
>  But if I out the DLL to ... eg. $HOME/.wine/drive_c/myDLL
> and doing following
>
> export WINEDLLPATH=$HOME/.wine/drive_c/myDLL
> wine myapp
>
> wine simply complain that my DLL not found !!

This is correct.
With "man wine", you can read, that WINEDLLPATH is the location, where
the wine internal shared libraries (*.dll.so) are stored.
Windows DLLS are searched in the same locations as on native Windows:
In the actual Directory, in the System-Directory and in the PATH.

> Well, I really don't want to put everything under system32 ...
> could someone tell me what's wrong with my setup ?

Put the dll in the Application Directory
cd in the Application Directory
wine <yourapp.exe>

--

By by ... Detlef