[Wine] Re: Sneaky Windows install through Wine

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 2 00:27:04 CDT 2008

amake wrote:
> Finally, my question:
> Is it possible to install Windows software (that requires admin privs to install) into Windows, through Wine in Ubuntu, thereby circumventing the restrictions of my Windows user account?

No.
If anything Wine _will_ break your windows installation if you try to do something like that. Besides Wine can't read native binary registry files so at best you'll get just a bunch of files in some directories. But Wine won't have any problems overwriting number of vital system files with fake Wine files.