[Wine] Software won't run in 0.9.58

winhq.domain.thewild at spamgourmet.com winhq.domain.thewild at spamgourmet.com
Wed Apr 2 02:14:50 CDT 2008

Hi all !

I am trying to get Poker Academy Pro 2.5 to run in wine.
The demo can be downloaded here :
http://www.poker-academy.com/poker-software/

It somewhat ran before (quite buggy, with windows disappearing behind
the main one which was a fullscreen window), but I've had the very bad
idea to upgrade to 0.9.58 and now it just hangs after displaying the
splash screen.

I have read the FAQ and the user documentation, but I don't now where to
start to find what is wrong. I tried different display settings as well
as different windows versions, but nothing helped.

I see no real error in the console output. I avec an error about ALSA,
but I think it's OK because I have the same 'hanging' problem on another
config on which I have a sound device :

ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: Aucun
fichier ou dossier de ce type
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x6bcbfc,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),1,0x6bcbfc,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x6cdbc0,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 8202
(SPI_GETFONTSMOOTHINGTYPE)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 8204
(SPI_GETFONTSMOOTHINGCONTRAST)
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance Untranslated charset 255
-> that's where it stays, with processor usage to 0%...

What can I try next ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Regards
--