[Wine] EAC - slow ripping speed

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 07:15:20 CDT 2008

On 02/04/2008, kls <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>  Interesting that it works in your case (2.6.22 vs. 2.6.24 kernel vs- 2.6.24-rt kernel [Question] ).
>  Are you using the ASPI scsi emulator driver or the windows driver under "EAC-Setup-Interfaces"?

Um, as I recall I was using the Windows driver.

I can't look as the box in question is presently spending its time
booted into Windows for the one app (needs .NET 2.0) I can't get to
work under Wine, as I'm waiting for a new Wine and/or Mono version to
try it on ;-)

>  Perhaps I should really try the option of installing the latest winehq version!?!?

Definitely Add the budgetdedicated.com repository then at least you
won't have people telling you that every time you ask why something
doesn't work.

>  I also experienced the strange behaviour with a hung-up application etc. during setup. From what I read: The key issue is to switch to the windows driver as the first action. Then restart  EAC and continue configuring it.

Ahahaha! Where did you see this?

>  Beside that all other functions such as Accurate Rip asf are working fine.

Yep. The only fiddly bit for me was LAME config. But, as I said, I
really should rerip everything to FLAC then get the server to encode
it as MP3 at its leisure.

- d.