[Wine] Running an old Win95 game

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Apr 2 10:01:07 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:38 AM, DARKGuy . <dark.guy.2008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder, if we're keeping offering alternatives, what's the whole
>  point of WINE then?...

Here's the deal:

It's great to try running old Windows games
and reporting bugs when they don't work.  That helps Wine
advance.  We should encourage users to do this.

However, for users who just want to play games and
don't have the patience to help Wine, it's useful to
suggest alternatives.

I think the user in question was willing to help Wine,
so we should guide him through the steps of filing an
appdb test result and/or bugzilla bug report.