[Wine] Unminimize / Repaint problem

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:51:10 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 1:37 PM, L. Rahyen <research at science.su> wrote:
> On Wednesday April 2 2008 00:59:36 billstei wrote:
>  > Can anyone confirm/reproduce this (with Wine 0.9.58 and Gnome 2.20) ?
>  >
>  > Start gnome terminal.
>  > $ regedit
>  > Click window Minimize button.
>  > Repeatedly click Gnome taskbar button "Registry", and unminimized regedit
>  > window intermittently fails to paint.
>  >
>  > I am getting similar repaint issues with various other programs too.
>  >
>  > Bill
>
>         In KDE everything works fine (in fact I'm using it for years and never seen
>  such problem). So I decided to try with GNOME and yes, I can
>  reproduce this issue. So this is GNOME-specific bug. Maybe this bug isn't
>  in WINE but in GNOME WM?

Interesting.

I understand it's possibly to change Gnome's WM from metacity to some
other WM. Some folks on the Gentoo lists talk about doing it once in
awhile. I've never done it but maybe there's someone here who has a
background in that sort of thing and wants to try?

I do use Gnome but haven't tried verifying this report as of yet.
Given a bit of direction I could try changing the WM.

- Mark