[Wine] Re: An Issue concerning FS2004

carrotroot wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 2 18:54:58 CDT 2008

Update, I finally got FS2004 to run with hardware acceleration.

[Image: http://groups.ncf.edu/~roates/fs9pic.png ]

I've tried it with the following configurations, and I had consistent results:

3.2GHz P4 HT 32Bit Ubuntu - Nvidia 7900GS (100.14.19) Drivers
2.66GHz Core 2 Duo 32Bit Ubuntu Nvidia 9600 GT (171.06) Drivers

step 0 - start with a clean .wine/ directory

step 1 - configure wine
set the compatibility mode to windows xp

step 2 - install fs9

step 4 - repalce the FS9.exe with a patched fs2004_fs9.1_NoCD.exe

step 3 - run the fs9.1 update

step 4 - configure wine to run in windows 98 mode (This only has to be done on the first run)

step 5 - run fs9

If you get a black screen when the game starts, disable Hardware Transformation & Lighting from the Display Configuration Screen. (I had to do this for my 9600GT as the 171.06 drivers are still beta).

I still need to test this on Ubuntu 64bit, but it should work. [img][/img]