[Wine] Re: Microsoft Office 2007 and Wine only

rubenvb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 3 15:28:07 CDT 2008

I've been running Ubuntu 7.10 in virtualbox and installed office 2007 through following steps:
1) clean wine 0.9.58 install
2) delete rpcrt4.dll and msxml3.dll from the wine system32 folder
3) download rpcrt4.dll from the net and place it in system32
4) download and install msxml3 from ms website (default wine settings)
5) set following dll overrides: rpcrt4.dll and msxml3.dll both to native (windows)
6) install office professional plus
and voila

some big problems:
a) fonts don't work here
b) equation editor doesn't either (big problem for me)
c) after I rebooted i got an error from wine: IOPL not enabled
this last issue isn't office 2007 related and i'd like a fix for it please.

anyone have ideas for the fonts problem and the equation editor?
Thanks