[Wine] help: how to use the wine to install 3ds max 9.0/8.0?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Apr 4 05:49:03 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 12:18 AM, gridrender <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> we are tring to install atuodesk 3ds max 9.0/8.0 with the help of wine and "winetricks".

Are you following the steps in the howto at
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=8544
?  If so, I think the main problem is that you have to either build
wine from git yourself, or wait until wine-0.9.59.

>      [Question] Could someone illustrate that how to use "winetricks" to install .net 2.0
> and other windows applications such as atuodesk 3ds max 9.0/8.0?

That's what the howto's in the appdb are for.

That said, we don't really support .net 2.0 yet, so be prepared to run
into turbulence!
- Dan