[Wine] Re: Usefull dll overrides

Frank wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 4 10:59:05 CDT 2008

>  Jim wrote,
> The AppDB is all in one place. I don't see how duplicating it in a sticky helps. If a workaround to a Wine bug (i.e. a DLL override) is relevant to a particular application it should be listed on the AppDB page for that application as well as a link to the bug in Bugzilla.

   You're right Jim, I think the appdb is where the workarounds need to end up. What I think I need to do is research what native win32 dlls do ,so I can make sensible choices when trying different settings in the Library tab of the configurator dialog.
   ie: I wouldn't expect changing wsock32 to native/builtin to help with a video tearing issue that I was trying to fix, but maybe some other change will help.
  I remember reading in one app in the DB that changing quartz to native/builtin can help with sound overlap or stuttering.  That is the kind of thing I'm thinking would be useful to try to list.
 Thanks, Frank