[Wine] Writing an automated install script

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 6 01:23:43 CDT 2008

Hi!

We will start on writing an automated install script for Trados on spare time, Friday next week.

Up to then I have to prepared the script *in a way that a developer will understand what I want* and being responsible for testing it under Linux.

Basically it will be an automated script which will be timed, i.e. if no install_ok after 20 min, it would be hanging somewhere and will abort and throw the log.
If install OK after the two runs (Trados and license server installation), it will throw a sign that the install is OK.

When prompted, the user will have each time 10 seconds to pick a choice, when after 10 seconds no choice is picked, the script will select the standard choice and continue.
If there is a choice, between yes and no, selected answer will be no (usually it is a question about "xxx install failed, do you wish to continue") unless the user has selected otherwise during the 10 seconds.

Now a couple of questions:
-In which language is exactly the script?
-What happens when the software is waiting for a prompt (like you have to click "next), is it written in unix or conform to the windows program as a dos prompt?

Maybe there will be more questions in the course in the week but it's what I can think of to start with.