[Wine] Yahoo Messenger 8, almost working except it crashes on login :(

DARKGuy . dark.guy.2008 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 09:41:32 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:43 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/04/2008, DARKGuy . <dark.guy.2008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  >  I figured that with the latest WINE (compiled from source, it took a
>  >  damn half hour)
>
>  You kids with your fast modern CPUs. I remember compiling
>  OpenOffice.org on FreeBSD five years ago (and it *still* didn't work -
>  I ended up using the Linux binary under emulation) and it taking four
>  days ...
>
>  Half an hour! Can you give half an hour of your time to the Wine
>  project, and crumble just one more stone out from under the Monopoly?
>  Please, give your CPU time so that they may grow!
>

>  - d.

>_> I'm not a kid neither my processor is "modern". It's a Pentium 4
bought in 2006, and before that I had a Pentium 3 933Mhz for crying
out loud! it costed me 3 months of work to get the
processor+motherboard+memory -_-...

A compilation that takes 4 days @_@ you have huge patience... I
would've stopped it the first 4-6 hours =/...

I can give half an hour to the WINE project, but I can't when I'm
short on time. Right now I'm not but when I wrote the email I was, so
I had to resort to use an ugly avian alternative instead. Some stuff
in Linux isn't just apt-get or pacman or ./configure && make (which
took 30 times longer).

However, I'm willing to provide any information needed in order to get
this program to work :).