[Wine] Re: UT2003 and Wine

badp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 6 11:39:15 CDT 2008

The Linux installer worked. Sort of.

The cdkey saving script was broken (it asked me to type the cdkey twice, and when it checked the keys for a match, it gave Syntax Error), so you need to type the following to save it:

sudo echo "$CDKEY" | tr a-z A-Z > $InstallPath/System/cdkey

...where you want to replace CDKEY and InstallPath with the actual values.
Also, I had to chown ~/.ut2003 and its contents as the game couldn't find settings files.

Having done that launching the game gets me a splashscreen, display flashes black and...

badp at bPortatile:/media/cdrom0$ ut2003
fcntl: Operation not permitted
fcntl: Operation not permitted
OpenGL renderer relies on DXTC/S3TC support.

Exiting due to error

Oh well. [Rolling Eyes]

Oh, and there is no package for UT2003 that I could find in the Ubuntu repositories.

Anyway, thanks for your time.