[Wine] installed app not in app menu; emule ports questions

akalsha wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 7 10:08:20 CDT 2008

Hello,
I'm brand spanking new with Linux and all of this.  I've just recently installed Ubuntu, and I installed Wine.
I've just now attempted to install the latest version of emule into Wine, and it was easier than I expected.  One thing though-emule didn't get added to the applications/wine/programs menu.  How does one add programs to that menu?  I had to browse the "c" drive and click on emule's exe file to open it.

I have a question specifically about emule.  Maybe this isn't the best place to ask it, but I'm not sure where else to ask.
Upon installation, it asks you to test specific ports and my system failed the tcp test.  I had no problem with failing this test when I was using Windows; but I'm sure that's just because Windows is much less secure than Linux.  :)
But I have no idea how to fix this.  Do I need to open up those ports in settings somewhere?
Thanks for any help.