[Wine] Re: Microsoft Office 2007 and Wine only

drsilk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 7 10:14:21 CDT 2008

This is a great thread and very helpful.  Even though I do want/need to install office 2007, my greatest need at work is for Outlook 2007 to work.  Has anyone quantified the problems with Outlook 2007 not working whereas Word, Excel, etc are?

Currently I need to run virtualbox with outlook and leave it open all day.  If outlook could work in wine I'd only have to boot the virtualbox once in a great while.

Outlook 07 has a lot of new features when setup on an exchange 2007 server complete with unified messaging.  I need to use these at work and obviously msft doens't release all API's so no other mail client can take advantage of any of it.

I've just installed wine first time yesterday on ubuntu 7.10 and just seeing if there is any way I can help get outlook working.  I'm no programmer but I have enough machines around to use as test beds to try stuff out.