[Wine] Re: installed app not in app menu; emule ports questions

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 7 13:44:09 CDT 2008

akalsha wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm brand spanking new with Linux and all of this.  I've just recently installed Ubuntu, and I installed Wine.
> I've just now attempted to install the latest version of emule into Wine, and it was easier than I expected.  One thing though-emule didn't get added to the applications/wine/programs menu.  How does one add programs to that menu?  I had to browse the "c" drive and click on emule's exe file to open it.
>
> I have a question specifically about emule.  Maybe this isn't the best place to ask it, but I'm not sure where else to ask.
> Upon installation, it asks you to test specific ports and my system failed the tcp test.  I had no problem with failing this test when I was using Windows; but I'm sure that's just because Windows is much less secure than Linux.  :)
> But I have no idea how to fix this.  Do I need to open up those ports in settings somewhere?
> Thanks for any help.

What Wine version? (in the terminal run 'wine --version')
For specific emule discussions see http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1065

I think you can safely ignore those test errors. You might be behind a firewall or your system configured to block all incoming connections.