[Wine] Re: Getting old versions of wine?

cttw wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 8 08:01:19 CDT 2008

Interesting. Personally i get a black screen at start. I renamed the Movies and i run with -opengl. If i run with -window i get a black window instead of a black screen. There are countless forum threads about this problem, and not one has a solution. There also seems to be a problem connecting to battle.net, but i haven't made it that far yet. When i played it some time ago i could do everything, battlenet, and even run it in directx mode for laughs!

My wine version is 0.9.58. I installed warcraft and the expansion from original CDs, and the latest official patch removed the cd-check, so there is not even a crack involved. My last ditch effort was going to be reverting to an old wine version. Now i am out of ideas, and would appreciate any help.

Other 3d games work, other wine games work, i am not even running compiz or anything that might unsettle the system. Please help me make this work.