[Wine] Re: Change profile folder for users

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 8 08:26:40 CDT 2008

Marco da Silva wrote:
> Hy all,
>
> Is it possible to change the users profiles folder?
> what I what is instead of them using "C:\\windows\\profiles\\username\\"
> I would like to set it has "Z:\\home\\username\\"
>
> I tried setting that in system.reg and user.reg, but with no sucess.

You probably didn't change it in all places. I think this is the full list:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList]
ProfilesDirectory

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]
APPDATA
USERPROFILE