[Wine] Re: Updating to 0.9.59 (source) from 0.9.58 (synaptic)

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 8 15:29:42 CDT 2008

Fazer wrote:
> I installed Wine from Synapitc Packet Manager on Ubuntu 7.10. Currently it's version 0.9.58, but I can't wait for binaries and want to compile and install version 0.9.59 from source. Will it break my current installation?

No, if you don't install compiled version. You can run Wine directly from the source directory. Then you will have old version installed and the new version  compiled.

Fazer wrote:
> Will my programs (Steam, Audiosur, Peggle Extreme) need to be removed and reinstalled?

No. You might need to run 'wineprefixcreate' if you have any problems.

Fazer wrote:
> Also, it seems that Ubuntu repository servers are down now, because I can't connect to them or they have no valid data.

Yes that server is having some problems. But that's all we know.