[Wine] Re: Testing basic direct x capability

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 10 09:26:03 CDT 2008

Christoffer Sørensen wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:20 AM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > Christoffer Sørensen wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am running wine 0.9.58 and having problems running Counter Strike:
> > > Source, Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield.
> > >

> > What sort of problems?
> >

> Steam works fine, but games don't run: the resolution changes and the
> game exits.

What distro? What video card? What drivers? Have you unchecked "In-game steam community"? Have you disabled/killed/removed pulseaudio if you have one?

Christoffer Sørensen wrote:

> I tried glxgears and a native linux opengl chess game.

Exactly what I said - they use 5% functionality of what Wine needs.

Christoffer Sørensen wrote:

> i tried 3dmark 2001se, that hangs the machine.

That points to driver/hardware problems with your machine. Unless of course you ran it as root...