[Wine] Generating a properly configured Wine installation

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 10 17:32:18 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
| Please try editing wine.inf instead.  That is where all the default
| settings come from.  I think this is the quickest and safest way
| to fix the font size problem.

This worked.  Thank you.

However, I would also like to set the Console font size.  This font size
seems to be stored in user.reg.  I tried replacing user.reg with a
modified one, but this somehow has no effect.  I tried including the
relevant entries from user.reg in /usr/share/wine/wine.inf.  This also had
no effect.

How can I increase the Console font size before first "boot"?

Also, the command I use is

wine explorer /desktop=default,1200x900 wineconsole cmd &

The first time this command is run, wineconsole runs as an X window, and
the explorer fake-desktop is not launched at all.  If I simply exit
wineconsole and run the command again, it works as expected, with
wineconsole inside a desktop window.  How can I make it launch inside an
explorer window on the first run?

- --Ben
Version: GnuPG v2.0.7 (GNU/Linux)