[Wine] Testing basic direct x capability

Christoffer Sørensen sorensen.christoffer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 11:45:48 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net> wrote:
>  >  > >  > >  i tried 3dmark 2001se, that hangs the machine.
>  >  > >  >
>  >  > >  > Sounds like a pretty good test right there!
>  >  > >  > Should we recommend this app as a "run this first to make
>  >  > >  > sure wine 3d is happy on your system" test to new users?
>  >  >

> >  > http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4544
>  >  > has a free download url.
>  >
>  >  hmm from what i can tell it only benchmarks dx8
>
>  Still a great test case for basic "3d working at all".
>

>  >  perhaps we should keep our eyes open for a free benchmarking tool which does dx9 too
>  >  would be good to test the general progress of wine's dx9 implementation as well
>
>  Later versions of 3dmark test dx9:
>  http://www.futuremark.com/download/3dmark06/
>
>  Maybe I'll add both to winetricks...

Well, I've tried tremoulous and all other 3d opengl programs / games
on Debian Lenny. No problems.

The ATI fglrx driver is version fglrx-driver   8.47.3-3

I have downloaded and run Wolfenstein Enemy Territory without any problems.

Then I found glean:

http://glean.sourceforge.net/

which can test the opengl implementation.

The ATI driver passes the basic tests but fails some of the other
tests. Whether this is also the case on nvidia boards I'm not sure.

Where do I go from here?