[Wine] Java in Firefox

rockinup1231 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 12 15:00:12 CDT 2008

I installed Java 1.6 update 5 and Firefox. Firefox works "okay", and some elements like Flash objects (videos on youtube and cartoons on AlbinoBlackSheep to name some examples) work a bit faster than they do on the native linux version of Firefox, so I wanted to try Java. My test subject was RuneScape.

Well, after installing Java I set "java.exe" and "javaws.exe" to Windows 2000 mode for compatibility purposes. When I navigate to the page with the java app, Firefox hangs, and in the console it doesn't give any fixme's...

On the AppDB it says Java 1.6 works without issues other than not being uninstallable. I just wanted to know if anyone might have some ideas I could try to possibly get java to work right. It functions in command line when I enter "wine java.exe".

It's not critical for me to have java going in WINE, but I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask incase someone knows more about this than me (which is more than 100% likely).

Thank you in advance.  :D