[Wine] Re: Games freeze with CD music

Kristo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 12 22:27:36 CDT 2008

The game I was trying to run today was Heroes of Might and Magic II.  I understand that wine will faithfully allow any bugs that Windows apps have.  The IgnoreMCIStop fix was a convenient workaround for this particular game and I was just curious if wine had the ability to apply any of those fixes.  BTW, I'm running wine version 0.9.59.

I attempted to workaround the problem by mounting an image with cdemu and pointing wine at it.  That appeared to work but the cdemu daemon quickly got hung trying to keep up.  I'm not sure whose fault that is, but my money is on cdemu.