[Wine] Might and Magic - Doesn't read CD Drive

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Apr 13 21:26:37 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 7:06 PM, ViperDaimao <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I'm on a dell inspiron 6000 laptop with Ubuntu 7.10 and WINE .9.46 installed. ...
>  When I go to the Wine Configuration and the drives tab, there is no D drive listed. So I hit 'Autodetect' and it creates a D drive with this path.
>  /media/cdrom
>  I hit apply and then ok, and try again, and still doesn't register that there's a CD in the D drive. I go back to the configuration screen and the D drive is gone.

I think this is our winecfg autodetect fighting with our HAL/dbus autodetect.
I've seen this, too.

>  I look at the ~/.wine/dosdevices location at the drives and still see a D shortcut, but it's not like the other drives. It has 2 colons "D::"

The double colon shortcuts are for the raw cd-rom device.  They
don't replace the single-colon shortcuts, which are to the mounted
filesystem.

I know this doesn't help particularly with your game, but maybe it's
useful info anyway.