[Wine] An error I can't seem to get past ...

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Apr 14 00:45:25 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 10:31 PM, kanwar.plaha
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I removed dcom98 and ran the app again. Only once I got the following error after the ComFailException one ...
>
>  java.lang.NullPointerException
>  at java/io/File.<init>
>  at com/hp/ifc/util/AppLog.setLogFile

That's interesting.

>  As for giving the application, I don't know about that (yet). Besides, the error occurs after I enter my username/password and the server to login to. Would it be possible to debug/trace the program without the login details? BTW, I don't reach the point of failure if I give incorrect login details.

Nope, if you have to log in to a server to hit the problem,
you won't be able to give a copy to a wine developer.

Unless you feel like acting like a wine developer, and
figuring out how to track down the problem yourself
(with a little help from us), you might want to cry uncle.
Or maybe hire somebody to fix wine.
Sorry!
- Dan