[Wine] Java in Firefox

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Mon Apr 14 09:49:57 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 08:40:19AM -0600, Sergio Samayoa wrote:
> > And here I thought that Java was OS independent.
>
> And it is.
> Java code can be run on any OS IF there is JVM in such OS.
> You should learn what really java is before throwing non-sense comments.

The same Java source code, translated to the same Java bytecode, should
run pretty well anywhere.  (I think there's some kind of micro-java for
very very timy machines, like cellphones, though.)

The catch is that someone has to have written a JVM for your OS.  But
usually, someone already has.  And within a browser, it would have
to be made available as a plugin for whatever browser you have.

Sun went to a lot of trouble to make Java run everywhere compatibly.

-- hendrik