[Wine] World of Warcraft freezes and stutters periodically

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 19:18:44 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:21 AM, tparker <tparker at etherstorm.net> wrote:

> I'm not sure if you have tried this but if you are still getting the
> stuttering/pausing every few seconds:
>
> edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and add:
>
> Option "UseFastTLS" "2"
>
> to the Video card "Device" Section.
>
> That was taken from the WOW troubleshooting at help.ubuntu.com but I have
> seen it on several forums for other distros also, for both Nvidia and ATI
> cards.
>
> Tricia

I have a friend who had to disable Compiz to play WOW. In the in-game
settings in the sound section check the one that plays in the background if
you switch focus (I think thats how its phrased). Also, on my Debian Etch
with Gnome desktop I switch workspaces with "Ctrl+Alt+[arrow key of choice]
- MUST be an arrow key. Don't know if that helps, but it works for me.

Jim