[Wine] Re: Eve and morals

Nick_S wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 15 05:22:50 CDT 2008

eps wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Nick_S <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> It would also be illegal.
>
> Please also note that if you download the source from any torrent
> networks you will be banned.

Would it also be illegal to read a book you didn't buy?

Make no qualms about it.  The source code is out there.  Try to sue those that copied it in the first place, but if someone were to get a hold of it and print it out (maybe even try to go after the person that printed it?) but if you were to read through the code and see what is going on, would it not offer help. That's my question.  I really don't care right now about banning and/or legality of holding the code as I have no stake either way.  I'm talking about looking at it, reading the code and learning from it.

If I take your stance on software legality the same as reading a book, you could go into any bookseller or library and arrest every person for copyright infringement.