[Wine] Eve and morals

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 06:16:50 CDT 2008

>  One way or another, it wouldn't help anyway. It's just the Python stuff
>
>  decompiled. Since there are actually meaningful variable names, I figure
>
>  that a volunteering bug hunter leaked a copy of the development build,
>
>  which likely has debugging symbols (or the equivalent in bytecode compiled
>
>  Python) enabled. There's no C/C++ code or anything, which makes up the
>
>  actual runtime of EVE.

Of course it wonldn't but that wasn't what he asked.

Also due to bad coding on CCPs side (client side injection has always
been possible) those doing such exploits now have a bible to follow.
If this becomes a big problem (and I read that it is already) it will
force alot of wasted time by CCP fixing their client side code and
repairing damage done to the game.  While good in the long run for the
consumer the cost and effort from CCP (if this becomes a reality)
could easily lead them to file law suits to recover damages from
parties involved.

And it isn't like they haven't attacked their customer base more times
than anyone can remember.