[Wine] Winelibs question.....

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Apr 15 19:22:43 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:49 PM, AndyA <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  The trouble really is the net stub. With that, since it is a CGI binary,
> it is called possibly as many as a thousand times for each loaded html page.
> I cant expect to load and dispose of wine each and every time the CGI binary is loaded.

That may be so, but it has no bearing on whether you use wine or winelib.

If you want efficiency, you should not be using CGI, which runs
a binary for each and every HTTP fetch.  This would be a problem
even with native binaries, let alone winelib/wine binaries.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by the CGI binary
getting called a thousand times for each loaded page.  That
seems excessive.  How is your server architected?
- Dan