[Wine] How to remove read access to / and my $HOME

Randall Hopper viznut at charter.net
Tue Apr 15 22:33:40 CDT 2008

Hi,

New wine user here.  Installed Wine with IES4Linux and was totally amazed
at how well it worked and how simple it was!  Excellent!

The problem I have is I want to restrict IE6 from being able to access my
entire Linux file system and just allow it to access (for instance)
~/.wine/drive_c.

I haven't found out how to do that yet.  Is it possible?

More detail: In IE6 under Wine, File->Open->Browse... allows me to go
surfing my Linux file system.  Meaning any viruses/malware that might
infest IE6, could access anything I can read on my Linux FS (pretty much
everything).  I want to remove that possibility.

Thanks,

Randall