[Wine] downloading WINE not from a linux machine.

antemon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 16 05:25:12 CDT 2008

I'm currently using the latest stable release and that computer does not have an internet connection so I can't use the update manager/s and have to rely on a windows machine.

I know I can download wine over at http://www.winehq.org/site/download however trying to install the *.deb file coughs up a dependency issue. something about binfmt-support.

and to be clear, I am doing a bit of homework.
was able to get binfmt-support, but that had a dependency issue as well.
currently backtracking stuff at http://packages.ubuntu.com/, writing down files, their dependencies and their dependencies etc etc, and downloading them piece by piece.

can anyone help?

ps, yeah I was able to drag my PC over to a friend's house, but I had another issue and can't get passed GRUB, no one seems interested in my thread :( and so a reinstall is the only thing I can come up with
if anyone can help with that (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=754848) I'd give you a cookie. I've already got KDE and XFCE in my machine and a reinstall will wipe them out...