[Wine] Re: Thai keyboard input does not work

nlmarco wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 16 08:51:25 CDT 2008

Thanks for the hint, but of course I know how to set an environment variable and (as stated in my previous posting) I already tried it without any effect.

So to be more precise, here's what I did:

Start IE with KDE's keyboard layout set to English and using the following command in a shell:

Code:
chuchart at meru:~$ set | grep LANG ; export LANG=th_TH ; set | grep LANG ; export WINEPREFIX="/home/chuchart/.ies4linux/ie6" ; wine "/home/chuchart/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Program Files/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE"
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANG=th_TH
_=LANG
err:service:RPC_MainLoop RpcServerUseProtseq failed with error 1703
err:wineboot:start_services_process Unexpected termination of services.exe - exit code 1703
err:shell:ReadCabinetState Initializing shell cabinet settings
fixme:shell:DllGetClassObject failed for CLSID=
        {53bd6b4e-3780-4693-afc3-7161c2f3ee9c} (MruLongList)
err:rebar:REBAR_WindowProc unknown msg 200b wp=00000000 lp=71180f00

As you can see, it switched the LANG environment variable from en_US.UTF-8 to th_TH (btw. I tried it with th_TH.UTF-8 and th_TH.TIS-620 as well and the result was always the same).

When I now typed sth., the Latin letters were written correctly into the text field (of the ies4linux website's donation form). So I pressed Ctrl-Alt-K to switch to Thai and tried to continue writing => no more character appeared in the text field.

Then I closed the IE, issued some kill -9 (after ps aux | grep IE and ps aux | grep wine) and tried it again - this time with having set my KDE's keyboard layout selector to Thai already when starting the IE. When the website was loaded, I clicked into the text field and started typing => No character appeared in the text field. So I pressed Ctrl-Alt-K and continued typing => Latin letters occured.

Finally, I thought I'll give notepad a try and did the same again with notepad instead of IE => Same result - i.e. no character occuring when having the Thai keyboard layout selected; Latin characters occuring when using the English layout.