[Wine] Re: Thai keyboard input does not work

nlmarco wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 16 14:10:40 CDT 2008

Hello Tom,

thanks for giving it a try! It's good to read that it works on your machine. Maybe Wine works better with GNOME than with KDE. I don't get "character I don't have glyphs for"-glyphs - my key strokes are simply totally ignored when I switch to the Thai keyboard layout.

As already mentioned, writing a Thai/Latin mixed text in kwrite (KDE's simple text editor) and then copy'n'pasting it into a text field of a web site works fine.

However, I saw that when I paste a Thai text from the clipboard into IE's address field (not a web site's text field) or into notepad, it shows these squares ("character I don't have glyphs for"-glyphs).

Note, that I didn't install any fonts at all. My Kubuntu was capable of working with Thai even without installing anything - adding the keyboard layout in the configuration was all that's necessary for my (non-Wine) applications.

Best regards, Marco :-)