[Wine] "radio mobile" difficulty by wine newbie

gariac wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 16 16:50:05 CDT 2008

This is my first attempt at using wine. [Well, you know what I mean. ;-) The program I am trying to run is
http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html

There is a data for the program under wine:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=3756

However, the data needed to run the program under wine can be found here:
http://www.vias.org/wirelessnetw/wndw_05_08_05.html

The last bit of background is I am running suse 10.2 64bit. I managed to install wine using the 64bit wiki. I am running version 0.9.59 of wine.

Now for the problem. A DLL names freeimage.dll does not load. When I attempt to save the results, only the BMP file format works. Other formats indicate the DLL is missing. However, the BMP file is empty, so it really isn't being saved as well.  The DLL is in the directory.

I could have sworn the first time I ran the program under wine, it took some time to load. Now it starts up right away. Is there some step using wine that only happens the first time a program is run?