[Wine] How to remove read access to / and my $HOME

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Apr 16 17:14:03 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Randall Hopper <viznut at charter.net> wrote:
>   |Sort of.  By deleting the ~/.wine/dosdrives/z: symlink, you'll
>   |make it a lot harder for malware to browse your system.
>   |It's not foolproof, but give it a shot.
>
>  Thanks, but I'd already done that.  Inside IE6, File->Open->Browse... still
>  lets me walk around inside of my entire Linux file system.
>
>  I guess the question is, how do I get rid of the "/" folder (my Linux file
>  system) which lives inside the top-level Desktop folder?:

Ohhh.  That.  Yes.

http://www.winehq.org/?issue=281#UnixFS%20for%20Windows%20Desktop
and
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/shell32/shfldr_unixfs.c#L118
explain that you can disable that by deleting the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\Namespace\{9D20AAE8-0625-44B0-9CA7-71889C2254D9}

Does that do it for you?