[Wine] How to remove read access to / and my $HOME

Randall Hopper viznut at charter.net
Wed Apr 16 20:26:31 CDT 2008

vitamin:
 |Randall Hopper wrote:
 |> No, unfortunately not.  I deleted the key using regedit, brought up IE6,
 |
 |Did you checked which WINEPREFIX is it using?

Ah!  That's it exactly.  Didn't even know about WINEPREFIX or that you
could have two registries one one box, but with your hint discovered that
IES4LINUX is using a WINEPREFIX of ~/.ies4linux/ie6 instead of the default
~/.wine.

Now it's working.  Thanks for the tip!

Feel much better with this setup as I don't trust IE security as far as I
can throw Steve Ballmer. :-)  A firewalled sandbox is the only way to go.

Thanks again!

Randall