[Wine] GGPO

stevew159 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 17 05:51:24 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm pretty much a novice at getting apps working under wine, but I've been trying to get GGPO (http://ggpo.net/blog/online/) working.

GGPO is basically an online fighting game client. It requires .NET runtime 2.0, and the latest DirectX, so it's not trivial to set up.

I've installed .Net 2.0 and DirectX 9.0c successfully after a little black magic and following of HOWTOs.

I can run the finalburn alpha emulator ggpofba.exe (stand-alone, not using the online client) successfully and the game seems to work fine. That's a start.

But when I try and run ggpoClient.exe proper, I get a segmentation fault:

Code:
scrub at soujiro:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/GGPO Client$ wine ggpoClient.exe
fixme:process:IsWow64Process (0xffffffff 0x34f8dc) stub!
fixme:virtual:NtAllocateVirtualMemory MEM_WRITE_WATCH type not supported
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

That's starting to look like a "sorry this is never going to work, might as well go home" kind of error message, so I thought I better ask for help at this point.

Has anyone tried this before, or have any tips from here?