[Wine] World of Warcraft freezes and stutters periodically

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sat Apr 19 19:52:51 CDT 2008

Thanks to everyone that suggested running WoW in it's own X instance
with nothing in the background. I tried it and there was a slight game
speed difference, but it didn't fix the disappearing graphics or pauses.
I did re-download and re-install wine 0.9.58 and that did away with both
of those problems, so I guess it was something flakey in the first
install/update.  For regular gameplay I don't think I will mess with the
separate X instance, but for raids that bit of extra few FPS might be
nice. Thank you!

Tricia