[Wine] Anyone have experience getting Poser 7 to work?

replicon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 19 22:05:27 CDT 2008

Hi,

I just installed the latest wine and got all kinds of software to work on my box, which is really cool!

I'm having trouble with Poser 7, though. I've successfully installed it, and can mostly run it, but it seems like a lot of the windows within tend to disappear mysteriously when clicking outside of them. They come back if you click the right widget, but I find it highly intrusive, because I can't use certain visual features like the trackball camera rotation.

According to this (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7598&iTestingId=21329), it should pretty much just work out of the box, but that was with wine 0.9.55, whereas I'm on 59.

Has anyone encountered this? It might be a regression, but then, I'm enough of a n00b not to have the tribal knowledge necessary to make this work correctly.

I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 (64-bit) on a new laptop. The only winecfg changes I've made are to enable desktop emulation and disable letting the window manager control things.

thanks!