[Wine] direct x (any version)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Sun Apr 20 18:45:14 CDT 2008

yoma819 wrote:
> i am having problems installing direct x

Direct X does not need to be installed on Wine.  It is built in.  Now,
are you having a problem with an application that is not addressed in
the Applications Database?
> i have followed the guide http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2334
> the only problem is it doesnt work
> in steam it still says you need direct x 8.0 of greater

Steam should run with Wine without installing Direct X.

Now we need some answers to further help you:
1.  What brand of Linux are you using?
2.  What is the version of Wine you are using?
3.  What is the actual error Steam is giving you (and check the
Applications Database for help with Steam as well)?

Logfiles are not necessary at this point.

James Mckenzie