[Wine] Re: MS Internet explorer instead of Gecko

person7 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 20 22:17:46 CDT 2008

Hello James,
Thank you for your comments!

I'd like to mention that the software I'm using  has Windows version only.
There is no Anita for linux. That's why I have to use WINE to run Anita on Linux.
When anita needs to display the HTML page I assume It will call the default browser. Since Anita is a windows application running under WINE, I think it will not be able to call linux version of Firefox.
It will call the default browser for WINE.
This is how I understand the process.

Thank you very much for your help!
P.S.:
On my FC6 box, there is Firefox installed. AdobeAcrobat plugin for Firefox is also installed. I can view PDF files inside Firefox.