[Wine] Primus's msihaps

Primus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 21 04:27:08 CDT 2008

I will use this topic to post all of my problems with wine (I decided that's better than opening a lot of stupid posts that only spam this forum)
(to admins: You can delete this topic if you think it's inappropriate)

I'm having a lot of problems with wine (maybe some of it is similar to yours,
so this is kind of DONT'S that you don't want ot do on your computer)
My first problem was this: http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=591
(I later found out, that problem wasn't in wine it was in my drive that was used as C: drive in Wine)

The second problem was: http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=609;
(very useful for all that want to install program from multiple installation disks)
But it's causing some real problems:
1) The installation doesn't continue after I put CD2 in tray. Why?
2) The program i wanted to install is now half installed and is resideng among lost&found. How can I "uninstall" if I never really installed it in the first place??
3) I had the problem that was auto resolved (I don't know how)
When I put CD with windows application on it I would loose icons of all of my drives. Well that was yesterday, but today it works just fine...

Hope this topic will be useful to all of you who want to experiment with wine what you should you not do (at least if you want your wine to work fine)

Thanks for your help (on my previous and this problems)
(hope I'm not spamming)