[Wine] Primus's mishaps

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Mon Apr 21 17:21:26 CDT 2008

On Monday April 21 2008 14:33:04 Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 4:26 AM, Primus <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> >  BTW: My main disk is 5-8 years old the other is around 5 years old (are
> > they too old?)
>
> Probably.  Better get a new disk and do a fresh install of Linux on it,
> then copy your user data files from the old ones.  Otherwise you're
> asking for total data loss...

	Well, there are definitely no reason to do fresh install of Linux if old
installation isn't completely destroyed (BTW, most packages reinstall
themselves during each distro-upgrade).
	What about possibility of data loss, if someone care about this he/she
definitely is doing regular backups of whole system and at least daily backup
of his/her current work (if not, new hard drives will not help anyway;
without backups you lose everything sooner or later).