[Wine] Problem with simple mud client in Wine (richedit issue)

rwartell wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 21 18:59:32 CDT 2008

There is a simple mud that has it's own windows client that I would like to get running in Wine.  I've followed all the installation instructions from various places, and I finally got the program up and running, however I have an issue.

The text areas of the game are not displaying correctly.  In both of them, it is obvious that text is attempting to be displayed because you can highlight it and it will show tabs and indentations and what not where the text should be, just no text.  I'm not sure if this is a font issue or if it is a richedit issue.  Every time that the display of the text changes, the following error shows up in the terminal:

fixme:richedit:ME_UpdateScrollBar ME_UpdateScrollBar had to call ME_WrapMarkedParagraphs

If anyone can has any suggestions of how to get this working I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.