[Wine] Re: The single major remaining Wine complaint everyone makes...

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 23 05:44:41 CDT 2008

As I would say over here "I wish I had your problems..."

Personally as long as the buttons are working it's not at that stage important to me that then are looking like Windows or a KDE or Gnome them.

Like my clients who are interested in the outpout of my work and not how I am doing it (or should they).

Take a "not platinum" application, sometimes getting it to install properly and show all buttons if a journey. If you click the wrong button, everything crash and you loose all your work. I am happy that I can use Office 2003 and I take into account that the tool bar is so tiny. You can't expect a purely Microsoft product be like Linux. If you are expecting it, this would be you are being stuck on the superficial layer.

Users should understand and accept that Linux is not Windows and this stopping seeing Wine as a Windows in Linux. It's just a compatibility layer enabling you to get Windows out of your mind (without having to reboot or use Windows in a virtual PC) and there is nothing less worthy when seeing a button looking like Windows.
The thing less worthy is that the developers didn't take the effort to compile it for Linux and they won't make it until there is such a demand.

In a way, Wine is a tool to maybe increase the demand to put the pressure on the vendors to compile it natively on the first place.